Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
This full time position is located in Lansing, Ny
Cargill, together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. At Cargill we have a culture of safety, our goal is to return everyone safely back to their loved ones - every day. We operate some of the most technologically advanced plants in the world, but they can't run by themselves - we depend on creative, responsible, hard working individuals like you.
At Cargill Feed & Nutrition we provide customized animal nutrition solutions to customers across the Americas, Europe and Asia. We operate some of the most technologically advanced plants in the world, but they can't run by themselves - we depend on creative, responsible, hard working individuals like you. At Cargill we have a culture of safety, our goal is to return everyone safely back to their loved ones every day. We also believe that employees must have the opportunity to do what they do best so as part of the application process, you may be asked to complete an online assessment. This will help us understand the things that you do better than others - the talents that you rely on to succeed.
The job of the Maintenance Electrician is to perform the repairs to electrical equipment that requires the power to be shut off, thereby stopping production. Thus the employee works weekend periods when the mine is not scheduled to produce salt. This will include the electrical components of:
- belt moves
- change out components, breakers, switches
- relocate and install fans, hang cables
- To ensure that the electrical work is performed in a safe manner while complying with all state, federal and company rules and regulations as they pertain to the electrical components in the mine situation.
This position will be working in an underground mine, 2300 feet below ground.
- Perform scheduled and reactive corrective maintenance on facility assets
- Perform scheduled preventive & predictive maintenance on facility assets as assigned
- Provide facility maintenance needs on shift work and weekends
- Participate in meetings and training activities
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Use CMMS to document job details
- Weekend position
- Entry level test will apply
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer.
- Cargill requires that employees be a minimum of 18 years old
- High School diploma or Equivalent
- Must have a good work history
- Must be able to read/write English
- Basic computer skills
- Must be able to perform physical job duties including bending/stooping, climbing ladders, open/close valves & pounding with hammer.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- Ability to work in elevated areas
- Must be able to operate machinery
- Ability to work overtime, holidays, nights, weekends or different shifts
- Must be able to perform maintenance trades including electrical
- Must be able to work under special work conditions, such as extreme heat or cold.
- Must be able to operate heavy equipment
- Forklift certified
- Prior experience in production related work
- Able to perform maintenance trades including machinist, welding, pipe fitting, and fabrication, rigging systems, gearbox and bearing, maintenance, lubrication, pumps and piping systems, mechanical maintenance and hydraulic and pneumatic
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Location/Region: Lansing, NY