DC General Warehouse Associate - Equipment Operator I
Ferguson Enterprises is expanding operations in the Waterloo Distribution Center. We are seeking experienced forklift and industrial equipment operators to join our 2nd, 3rd and Weekend Shift Teams.
- Duties include order picking and handling of product using stand-up order picker/reach truck
- NEW STARTING WAGE of $16.00/hour, advancing to $17.00 in 60 days and $17.50 at 6 months
- Monday- Friday schedules: 2nd Shift begins at 3:00pm; 3rd Shift begins at 11:00pm; overtime required
- Weekend Shift works 7:00am-5:30pm F/S/S/M
- Successful candidates will possess a strong warehousing background and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Incentive bonus opportunities on a quarterly basis with top performance
- Full benefits package available after 30 days including PTO, medical, dental, vision, disability and life options.
- 401(k) Retirement Fund with company match
- Post-offer criminal background check & drug screen are required.
Duties of Equipment Operators at Ferguson:
- Receive supplier shipments
- Pick customer orders
- Ship, transport and deliver material and customer orders
- Operate forklifts or other material handling equipment
- Maintain inventory integrity and product safety at all times.
- Perform all job duties in accordance with OSHA standards and adhere to all policies, rules, regulations and procedures
- Complete training course and pass Powered Industrial Truck Certification (PIT) requirements
A background in distribution, warehouse operations and logistics, including shipping, receiving, delivery, and inventory is preferred.
The ideal Equipment Operator will possess the following:
- Willingness to be trained, tested and Powered Industrial Truck (PIT) Certified to operate forklift equipment
- Experience with forklift equipment preferred (stand-up order picker, reach truck, electric pallet jack, dock stocker)
- Working knowledge of safety regulations and procedures
- Prior experience with production/goal oriented standards
- General computer and math skills
- RF experience preferred
- Ability to lift 20-70lbs consistently and 100lbs occasionally
- Repetitive manual material handling
- Experience with working at heights up to 40 ft. preferred
Ferguson raises the bar for industry standards as the top-rated wholesale supplier of commercial and residential plumbing supplies. However, our expertise goes beyond plumbing. We are a diverse distributor that spans multiple businesses including HVAC/R, waterworks and industrial. In the past 64 years, we’ve grown from a local distributor to a $15 billion dollar company with more than 1,400 locations and over 24,000 associates nationwide. We pride ourselves on delivering world-class service and our customers know that “Nobody expects more from us than we do” is more than just a tagline to Ferguson associates. It’s a cultural belief that is demonstrated every day through exceptional customer service, product selection and industry knowledge.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer as well as a government contractor that shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a), which prohibits discrimination against qualified protected Veterans and the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(A), which prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability.
To apply, please click "Apply Now" to submit your application through our website. Thank you!
Location/Region: Waterloo, IA